Sunday, January 8, 2012

Making a cedar walking stick?

Hi there, so this year we are making Christmas presents for each other. I have made my dad a fine and beautiful walking stick from Crape Myrtle and now I have cut a small cedar down to make a walking stick for my brother. Going to make one for his wife out of a holly tree. Does anyone have any experience making walking sticks from these two woods?

Making a cedar walking stick?
If you just cut it recently, you'll want to give the wood time to cure. My geocaching friends are into making their own walking sticks.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.p...

.
Reply:A great idea-----a hand made gift that will last for years and promote healthy living. Something that you spent time on and did not rush at the last minute to the mall for.

-----I smile when I think "there is a few dollars Walmart will not get!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment