Friday, January 6, 2012

I planted several dynamite crape myrtles last year, what can i do to make them grow faster?

I planted a Dynomite crape myrtle about three years ago. First, this variety naturally grows slower than other types of crape myrtles. What I do is fertilize with "colorburst" fertilizer about three times a year and I always make sure that it has LOTS of water (but never soggy of course). Also, I spray it with a mixture of "Malathion" and "volch oil" (one tablespoon of each per gallon) about once a month. This ensures that you dont get any sooty mold or aphids which will definately stunt the growth. Make sure you spray the malathion/volch oil spray in the morning though when it's not hot. Another thing to look out for is powdery mildew which looks like white powder on the leaves. That makes the plant lose it's leaves prematurely and look really bad.

I planted several dynamite crape myrtles last year, what can i do to make them grow faster?
use miracle grow as directed on box and water


No comments:

Post a Comment