Friday, January 6, 2012

I planted 2 crape myrtle last year. this spring I cut them down to promote multi stems?

Today I checked and one looks like a dog has nold on it and it is split in three. My question is will it survive?

I planted 2 crape myrtle last year. this spring I cut them down to promote multi stems?
If you chop down a crepe myrtle tree you end up with a crepe myrtle bush. To get a multi trunked tree you have to prune it into the desired shape, usually with 3 to 4 main trunks.



Do you mean the dog has gnawed on it? (I'm not familiar with the word "nold".) That probably won't kill it but it might leave you with wonky looking branches. You won't have a tree if you chopped it all the way down, but if you just chopped off the branches down low you should have a "tree-ish" sort of structure.


No comments:

Post a Comment